It would be really nice if we would be able to categorize a set of icons on docky and give a particular label to it. As such docky does not support labeled catagories. However, salathaendler came up with this innovative idea that makes it possible. Take a look:
- Download the package from here
- Extract the folders.
- You will find two folders: light and dark.
- Choose any of these folders. The folders have different images for different labels.
- Drag and drop these images on docky.
- Rearrange the docklets under each label.
I must say that this is really nice work as docky looks really slick and polished with these labels. As of now there are only 5 labels: Web, Media, System, Places and Office. But more will come. Also, they look best with Faenza icon theme.