KDE Development Platform, the Plasma Desktop and Netbook workspaces, and many other applications are released today with a new version 4.5.0. The new version have lots of stability and performance improvements apart from new features.The new features include:
- A new faster cache system that allows more fast and responsive access to data stored on your disk.
- The faster Webkit rendering engine (powering Safari and Google Chrome) is now available with an option to use Konqueror with webkit as back-end.
- A clear and crisp notification system with monochromatic icons.
- , the KDE Workspace for small notebooks and netbooks, has been greatly improved.
- Improved window tiling management with Kwin
- A new Plasma Workspace Activity Manager
- Improvements to the theme engine and more language support.
- Restructured Workspace Setup.
- New Applications & Games.
- For a detailed change log, go here