Cairo Dock has come up with a new beta version in its development series 2.2. The new series aims at bringing lots of fixes, performance optimizations and new features. Highlights of the new series:
- Two new visibility modes: "hide whenever the dock overlaps the active window" and "hide whenever the dock overlaps any window"
- Smooth hiding animations: fade-out, semi-transparent, move-down, etc.
- Desklets (applets that are detached from the dock) can also be placed on your desktop without preventing you from clicking on what's behind
- Some new key functionalities make the dock a swiss-knife, manage tasks in the Clock's calendar, lock the screen in the Logout applet, use tiny URLs in the Drop-and-Share applet, the Dustbin applet handles all the drives, etc.
- Clean and polished themes
- Both simple and advanced configuration window
- Support for multiple docks
- Panel View
Here are two videos from the developers' website showing the new features:
The latest beta version is new release in the 2.2 series which brings new fixes. You can install the latest beta version from Cairo Dock weekly PPA. To install run following commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:cairo-dock-team/weekly
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install cairo-dock cairo-dock-plug-ins
Though Cairo Dock have of lots options for customisation I find them a little too overwhelming than other docks like Docky and AWN. Thoughts??