Popular multi-player role playing game PlaneShift has been updated to version 0.5.7. This release brings many new features and a huge amount of fixes.
PlaneShift is a free and open source MMORPG for Linux featuring a 3D virtual fantasy world. Unlike many other MMORPG's, there are no surprises of premium content in PlaneShift which will limit your gameplay or unbalance the game. There are no limitations in skills, ranks, abilities, items you can gain with your free account. There are no time limits or additional constraints.
PlaneShift is Open Source for the client and server code, so everyone can contribute to its development. At the present state of development, PlaneShift is not a complete game, but more of a "tech demo". The game is still under heavy development, so there may be bugs, glitches and missing features.
In future, the game will focus on the reproduction of a real world with politics, economy, improving the artificial intelligence of non-player-characters etc.
- 12 playable races with unique traits
- Unlimited professions through a skill system
- Original magic system with six Ways of magic
- Hundreds of spells
- Numerous huge worlds to explore
- A great number of quests to test your wit and skill
- Monsters and NPCs with good AI that produce game events
- A world that evolves with or without player interaction
- Create your own house or castle
- Politics and economy
- Easy interaction with other players through messages and chat,
- Drag-n-drop objects between world and inventory,
- A complex character generator, with parents, jobs, life events, etc.
- Added more realistic textures (normal maps) to the following levels: Ojaveda, Hydlaa Arena, the three cave levels, the blackflame temple, the death realm, gugrontid guildhouse, law guildhouse, simple guildhouse, jayose library, laanx temple, laanx temple dungeon, hydlaa sewers, hydlaa tavern.
- A new guildhouse is now available for ojaveda
- Hydlaa arena has been improved for allowing better NPC movements
- Added new wizard robes to complete the set
- Added trophies to be used as prizes in tournaments
- Added animations for crafting, hammering
- Many updates to sounds and spells. All casting effects have better graphics and performance optimisation
- Almost redone all dark and red way spell effects
- Containers window has been improved with a "take all" button
- Various fixes to NPC AI and behaviours
- The loot functionality on the server has been expanded to allow better balancing in future
- Several fixes on the interface and removal of few crashes
- It's now possible to change tooltips appearance
- Emote commands are now accessible from /emote emotename and can be hidden from the main domain of commands
- On screen messages can be disabled
- Improved sorting in some windows, it's now possible to change attack stance by defining going up or down in level of stance
- Fixed empathy, it should work again
- GMs can now edit books of others
- Many updates and fixes to quests and factions
- Expanded MyPlane to have list of current online players and link to their profile