Bfxr is an enhanced version of highly popular indie sound effects creator tool Sfxr. Bfxr adds some new features and can be easily run in a web browser.
Many indie game developers may already know about this simple tool that is not only useful but is also highly fun. Sfxr is a simple tool developed by Tomas Pettersson in 2007 that allows us to create random sound effects of different complexities in just few clicks. Source code is available here. Watch the video below to know more about it:
Bfxr is an elaboration of the Sfxr with improved GUI and some new features.
- 5 new waveforms : triangle, breaker, tan, whistle, and pink noise
- 3 new filters : compression, harmonics, and bitcrusher
- Ability to lock parameters during mutation/randomization
- Expanded pitch-jumping abilities - good for arpeggiation effects
- Keeps your sounds and mixes in persistent lists
- Can reverse synths
- Ability to link directly to sounds
Try Bfxr now in your web browser from here.
You only require flash to run it and if you like a particular sound effect, just save it to hard disk. It also runs on Adobe Air so you can download a standalone version also. The code for Bfxr is available on github under Apache License 2.0
For more information, tips, keyboard shortcuts and API. visit official website.
via Free Gamer