A new version for Tomahawk Social Media Player has been released. This version brings improved stability as well as lots of UI polish to the application.
- Cross-platform and Open-source
- You can connect to your other machines and friends via Jabber, Google Chat and Twitter. Browse and play their libraries, playlists and stations.
- Mood based smart playlist system
- Metadata from playlists from all over the web - and other media players - can easily be imported into Tomahawk.
- More functionality can be added through extensions
Changes in this Release (version 0.2)
- Revamped Dashboard : New "dashboard" screen that shows new activity across your network (new playlists, stations, recent album additions, recently played, etc)
- New 'Listen Along' feature allows you to see what your Friend is listening too and you can jump directly on that track
- Artist pages (and links to them from now playing metadata and from collection track list views) with artist bio snippet, related artists, top tracks and display of all tracks/albums from that artist in user's Super Collection
- Album pages that display other albums from that artist available in your Super Collection
- Ability to Love tracks (and automatically post as "loved" to Last.fm) as well as dynamic playlists of both your own and your entire network/super collection's loved tracks
- Search globally across all your network and resolvers
- Toma.hk links for sharing songs, stations and playlists (accessible via right-click)
- Ability to drag and drop Spotify and Rdio song links onto Tomahawk and have them automatically try to resolve and play
- Desktop notifications for now playing
- Added ability to make a copy of a peer's playlist
To add the PPA and install Tomahawk, run the following commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:paulo-miguel-dias/tomahawk
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install tomahawk
Packages for OpenSUSE, Chakra Linux , Arch Linux and Gentoo Linux can be found here