Digital sketchpad and mockup application Ardesia version 1.0 has been released bringing in support for Ubuntu 11.10 and new features.
Ardesia is quite a useful application for making mockups and hand drawn annotations. You can record entire process of making a mockup or drawing and share the video for educational and other purposes or better you can stream live. You can read more about the application from our past articles. If you are a designer this is a must have application alongside GIMP and Inkscape.
Changes in this Release
- Ubuntu 11.10 compliant
- Persistent background setting options
- Compliant with xfce desktop environment with compositors like xfwm, compiz or xcompmgr
- Compliant with kde desktop environment using kwin or compiz or xcompmgr composite manager
- Ability to pause the recording whenever necessary, and then resume when you want
- Updated backgrounds images
- Added file permissions check for import/export functions
- keyboard accelerators- ctrl+q to quit, ctrl+z to undo, ctrl+y to redo
- Lots of bug fixes and stability improvements
Download Ardesia (The package name says 'Natty' but it is fully working and supported on Ubuntu 11.10)