Kant - O from DeviantART has a designed a cool conky theme inspired by Windows 8 Metro UI.
Though theme looks great, he signs off by saying:
I'm neither a fan of iOS (wallpaper) nor of Metro UI. I just thought of seeing how conky could look using a Metro similar style.
- Install Conky from Software Center.
- Create a directory named .conky in your home folder.
- Download the .zip file and unzip the contents to the newly created folder.
- Edit the file mail.sh and place your gmail credentials (otherwise it will not fetch the number of mails in the gmail account).
- Run conky.sh (if it does not run, make sure it is executable)
- If you want Conky to start when a new session loads, add the file named conky.sh.desktop to your startup applications (or copy to ~.config/autostart/)
- If you do not want a given module to run (e.g. the GMAIL module), edit the conky.sh file and comment or remove the line that loads the respective configuration file.