Aqua is a simple and clean light theme for Gnome Shell 3.2. This theme is made by Satya who also designed Evolve GTK3 theme for Gnome Shell and Unity.
Tron Legacy Gnome Shell theme by half-left, which has inspired many other themes has been updated to work with latest Gnome Shell 3.2.
- Backup /usr/share/gnome-shell/theme folder
- Extract the archive and rename gnome-shell to theme
- Copy this folder to /usr/share/gnome-shell/
- Restart Gnome Shell by hitting Alt+F2, then type r and press enter
- You can also use Gnome Tweak Tool to install directly from zip file
You can also install theme selector extension and use gnome tweak tool to switch themes. Follow the instructions below (for Ubuntu 11.10):
- Run the following command: sudo apt-get install git-core
- Install Gnome Tweak Tool by running following command: sudo apt-get install gnome-tweak-tool
- Download Gnome Shell extensions by running following command: git clone git://git.gnome.org/gnome-shell-extensions
- Now access the directory from terminal by running following command: cd gnome-shell-extensions/
- Finally run this command to install the extension: ./autogen.sh --prefix=$HOME/.local --enable-extensions="user-theme"
- Logout, come back and use Gnome Tweak Tool to switch themes.