Team Fortress 2 Gnome Shell theme by Alfy102, as the name suggests is based on popular multiplayer game Team Fortress 2. The theme features similar colors and style found in TF2 game UI.
- Backup /usr/share/gnome-shell/theme folder
- Extract the archive and rename gnome-shell to theme
- Copy this folder to /usr/share/gnome-shell/
- Restart Gnome Shell by hitting Alt+F2, then type r and press enter
- You can also use Gnome Tweak Tool to install directly from zip file
You can also install theme selector extension and use gnome tweak tool to switch themes. Follow the instructions below (for Ubuntu 11.10):
- Run the following command: sudo apt-get install git-core
- Install Gnome Tweak Tool by running following command: sudo apt-get install gnome-tweak-tool
- Download Gnome Shell extensions by running following command: git clone git://git.gnome.org/gnome-shell-extensions
- Now access the directory from terminal by running following command: cd gnome-shell-extensions/
- Finally run this command to install the extension: ./autogen.sh --prefix=$HOME/.local --enable-extensions="user-theme"
- Logout, come back and use Gnome Tweak Tool to switch themes.