Unknown Horizons developers are always hard at work. They have released third major update in the year bringing in lots of new features and improvements.
If you don't know about Unknown Horizons:
Unknown Horizons is a city building/real time strategy game inspired by classic strategy games Anno and Settlers. In the game you have to expand your small settlement to a strong and wealthy colony, collect taxes and supply your inhabitants with valuable goods and have to increase your power with a well balanced economy with strategic trade and diplomacy.
Major features of this release (version 2011.3):
- Complete settlement AI
- Combat and diplomacy system
- FIFE engine performance improved
- Support for internationalized voices (right now available: de, en, fr)
- Nine new buildings, one new ship
- Usability and interface improvements
- New statistic widgets
- Random map parameters, new maps
Download Unknown Horizons (Packages available for Debian, Ubuntu, OpenSUSE, Fedora, Gentoo Linux and Arch Linux ).
If you have an older version installed, uninstall it, remove .unknown-horizons folder from your home directory and then install the latest version.