Free and open source real time strategy game Evolution RTS has been updated to version 1.9 bringing in many new features and fixes. The game is inspired by popular RTS games Command & Conquer, StarCraft, Total Annihilation, etc.
Changes in this Release
- Map borders now look much much nicer
- AI tuning is more or less perfected (unfortunately due to some unforeseen issues, Shard AI cannot be included yet)
- Keybind for “Repeat” command added (bound to “q”)
- Console only shows chat messages now instead of chat + system messages
- 3 new maps added (CenterRock, Eye of Horus, and MoonQ20x)
- 1 new War track added “Better Than Nothing – Deathkllr84″
- Game engine updated to version 84
Evolution RTS devs are trying hard to add support for Linux version on Desura but their are some technical issues to take care of. In the meantime, you can download the game from here.