3D real time strategy game MegaGlest has been updated to new version bringing in new features, fixes and performance improvements.
Changes in this Release
- New and updated translations (Greek, Japanese, Russian, Italian, Czech etc)
- Ability to toggle languages anywhere in the game using CTRL-L
- Auto complete player names in chat mode using tab character
- New headless server mode allows dedicated servers to host games for network players
- New client 'admin' mode when the first client connects to a headless server he controls the game settings
- New lua functions added (to be documented on the MG wiki)
- New attack boost system (currently used by Romans faction) which allows new types of in game unit effects.
- Attack-boosts can be named and shared for proper re-use and singleton usage.
- Improved mod menu which always checks for updates for all mods now and more
- Modders can change intro, menus, faction AI behavior and many more things.
- Lower CPU / RAM requirements in headless server mode
- Improved rendering performance
- New font system and enhanced International language support (Chinese, Japanese, etc)
- New intro
- Enhanced AI plays smarter and responds more quickly
- New ability to enable in game team-switching for defecting to other teams in game
- Improved Megapack including better balanced Romans faction
- Added ability to 'pause' network games by press ESC in game to show a new popup-menu with in game options.
- Hosts can now set a title for their game for network games.
- Music fades in and out of game start/stop
- New low food warning indicators tells players when they are running out of food
- Players are no longer dropped in game lobby when toggling maps
- Full changelog here
Download MegaGlest 3.6.0 for Linux