Firefox 10 has been released officially today bringing in new features and fixes.
Changes in this Release
- The forward button is now hidden until you navigate back
- Most add-ons are now compatible with new versions of Firefox by default
- Anti-Aliasing for WebGL is now implemented
- CSS3 3D-Transforms are now supported
- New <bdi> element for bi-directional text isolation, along with supporting CSS properties
- Full Screen APIs allow you to build a web application that runs full screen
- Added IndexedDB APIs to more closely match the specification
- Inspect tool with content highlighting, includes new CSS Style Inspector
- Many bug fixes
Ubuntu 11.04 and 11.10 users has been receiving automatic updates for Firefox rapid releases while Ubuntu 10.04 LTS and 10.10 users had to manually add a PPA to upgrade to latest Firefox version.
However, with this release all Ubuntu users having 10.04 or newer releases will receive automatic updates. The Firefox stable PPA has now been retired for good.
Please note that you may not immediately receive Firefox updates and they can take couple of days to arrive in official Ubuntu repositories.
If you can't wait and really want to upgrade now, run the following commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-mozilla-security/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade