Popular roguelike game Dungeons of Dredmor got mod tools few days back. The game already had tons of content and replay value and now the new mods can tweak and extend the game even further.
So I decided to write about them and added it to my to do list. But only now I am doing this and you can blame me for being lazy or goddess Inconsequentia for taking my time by making me travel back to every corner of the dungeon completing sidequests :)
All the information about DoD mods can be found at a Mods page on DoD community forums. The information is always up-to-date and a large number of fan made mods are already available now.
However, mostly you will need to keep a watch on these two threads:
- Modding Guide - This guide neatly explains how to create new mods on all three platforms and how-to for editing .xml files.
- Completed Mods Index - This thread keep a track of all completed mods.
- Go to ~/.local/share/Dredmor folder.
- Create a new folder and name it mods
- Download your favorite mod and extract/copy it into mods folder
- The directory structure will always be like this: mods > a folder named same as the mod title > mod files and folders (includes xml files and other folders named mod, skills , items etc.)
- Now just launch the game, go to mods section and apply the mods as shown in the screenshot below.
Thats about it. Have fun !!