Unity 5.2 has just landed in Precise bringing in lots of changes. This will be be third time we will be writing about these changes but lets do a recap anyway.
Big icons in Home Lens have been dropped. Home Lens now shows your recent activities. Compare the screenshots below:
A new keyboard shortcut overlay appears when you press and hold Super key.
New Super+Tab Switcher lets you scroll between shortcuts on Unity launcher. This is not a replacement of ALT+TAB Switcher, but a new addition.
Multi monitor support has improved. You will now see launchers on each of your monitor, and when you scroll across a monitor, you should feel some resistance/pressure in order to allow for you to use the launcher on that screen. These settings can be changed from CCSM.
New improved screen edge detection method. To invoke the launcher, you now need to push (or "scroll into") against the left of the screen, rather than hover for X seconds. No more hitting the back button in Firefox and having the launcher pop up in your way.
Finally, you can turn off software suggestions from Dash itself. Just select 'Local Apps' on sources.
- Improved ALT+TAB switcher now lets you switch between windows on current workspace
- Genre filter category in the Music Lens now have a 3 column layout
- Window auto-maximise functionality now disabled on monitors with a resolution above 1024 x 600
- Improved Behaviour of the 'All' button in the Dash filters
- Application icons now only display windows from the current workspace in the window spread
- Both Unity and Unity 2D received lots of fixes and under the hood performance improvements. After installing Unity 5.2, overall responsiveness have increased and everything is a lot snappier.