Unity 5.8 has landed into Ubuntu 12.04 with new features and fixes. It seems lots of work has gone under the hood as I have never seen Unity interface so fast.
Its just flying and for a moment I really thought that its Unity 2D as after Unity 5.8 update, the dash menu got lots of UI tweaks and it now looks very much like Unity 2D's dash.
Other than these improvements, some new features have landed in Precise.
- Music Lens now properly supports Rhythmbox
- HUD now respects launcher autohide and icon size settings
- Improved Unity launcher and software center integration
- Multimonitor and Launcher: Now provides an option to display either a single launcher or a launcher on each display in a multi-monitor environment
- Option to turn off sticky monitor edges
- A message is displayed when no results are returned in the Dash
- Lots and lots of fixes, UI enhancements and other improvements. Full changelog here.