Speed Dreams is a fork of the famous open racing car simulator Torcs, aiming to implement exciting new features, cars, tracks and AI opponents to make a more enjoyable game for the player, as well as constantly improving visual and physics realism.
Speed Dreams is completely free and open source and is available for Windows and Linux. A new version has been released recently.
Changes/New Features in Speed Dreams 2.0
- New and much improved tracks, now 21 tracks ranging from highly detailed Grand Prix circuits to winding roadways to tricky off-road tracks waiting for you
- New cars and new carsets - you can choose between 29 racing cars in 84 skins
- Day time and weather condition for any race type and track
- The improved physics engine and tweaked AI opponents makes driving more realistic for maximum challenge
- Speed Dreams offer now a career mode that allows gamers to start a lifetime career
- Extended 3D OpenGL and CPU options for better effects and more performance
- New game menu design - cool designed and improved usability
You can install Speed Dreams 2.0 in Ubuntu from PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:speed-dreams/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install speed-dreams