Unknown Horizons is an open source real-time economy simulation game inspired by classic strategy games Anno and Settlers.
In the game you have to expand your small settlement to a strong and wealthy colony, collect taxes and supply your inhabitants with valuable goods and have to increase your power with a well balanced economy with strategic trade and diplomacy.
The open source project is quite actively developed. If you like real time strategy games, then this is one of the projects you should track along with 0 A.D.
A new version for Unknown Horizons is available which is the first update for year 2012.
Changes in Version 2012.1
- Usability and interface overhaul
- New components and object files system
- New buildings
- Multiplayer save/load
- Status icons for buildings
- Catastrophe system (currently implemented: fire)
- An update checker that will inform you about newly released versions in-game
- Full changelog here
Run the following commands to install it in Ubuntu:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:christoph-egger/unknown-horizons
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install unknown-horizons