OpenMW is a free, open source and cross platform port of The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind game engine. The project is currently under development and new updates are released regularly.
The latest update (version 0.15) brings many new features like re-implementation of the physics and player movement system, terrain collision and many newly-implemented GUI elements.
- Reimplemented physics system/player movement
- Implemented terrain collision
- Implemented pulsating lights
- Implemented Magic Effect Bookkeeping, and Feather/Burden effects
- Implemented Book and Scroll windows
- Implemented Inventory, Container, and Trade windows
- Implemented item stacking in containers
- Implemented tooltips for items in the world, and many GUI elements
- Added faction and other information to Stats window
- Fixed Resizing arrow’s background transparency
- Fixed Stats window layout when resizing in the X direction
- Long topics in dialog window now wrap and sort correctly, and other dialogue window fixes
- Fixed terrain handling in non-predefined cells
OpenMW 0.15 video:
Upcoming in version 0.16: Implementation of skills, magic and attributes. Full roadmap here.
OpenMW can be easily installed on Ubuntu from PPA. Run the commands below:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:openmw/openmw
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install openmw