Ubuntu Tweak is a powerful tool to customize Ubuntu and Unity desktop. A new version of Ubuntu Tweak has been released recently with many new features and fixes.
Changes in this release (version 0.7.1):
- A new “Compositing Manager” option that brings desktop effects to Unity 2D (drop-down shadow and window preview in Alt+Tab switcher).
- Option to change number of workspaces
- Option to disable overlay scrollbars
- Locale support for quicklist editor
- Option to add a “Show Desktop” icon in Launcher (Unity Desktop only)
- Translation updates and many bug fixes. Full changelog here.
To install Ubuntu Tweak, run the following commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:tualatrix/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install ubuntu-tweak