BeatBox is an easy to use and fast music player written in vala. Its main features include Last.fm integration, playlists and smart playlists, queue system, mass song editing etc.
BeatBox has been updated to version 0.5 with many new features.
- New now playing view that shows information on artist's bio, album facts, song facts, lyrics, a list of all songs in the playing album and similar artists and artist tags.
- The similar songs info has been moved to the similar songs view in sidebar.
- If a media is a video, then video info is shown instead of the song info.
- New duplicates remover option will scan through your library and compare it to all other songs, looking for duplicates. This view is accessible by right clicking on the library item in the left sidebar.
- Faster import. There is no longer a long pause before files start importing.
- Embedded art is now loaded during import.
- Unity integration with quicklists and progress bar.
- Volume selector in equalizer.
- Remembers last used view between sessions.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:sgringwe/beatbox
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install beatbox