Geany is one of the most popular text editors for Linux and it is used by many developers to write code for applications. It is pretty lightweight and includes basic features of an integrated development environment (IDE).
Geany has been updated to new version with many new features and fixes. This major release has also bumped the version from 0.22 to 1.22.
- Improved theming support
- Update Scintilla to 2.29
- Full PCRE regular expression support for search and replace
- Add filetype Objective-C
- Always load the default session if configured to do so
- Fix detection of raw strings in C and C++
- Improve support for HTML embedded filetypes
- Many more improvements, full release notes can be found here
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:geany-dev/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install geany
Do note that Geany plugins are yet to be updated to work with latest 1.22 version and no binaries are available as of now. However, a new release should be made available soon. But if you really want these plugins now then compile them against Geany 1.22.