Alien Arena is a standalone 3D first person online deathmatch shooter based on the original source code of Quake II and Quake III, released by id Software under the GPL license.
The CRX engine that powers the game has many new features including 32 bit graphics, new particle engine and effects, light blooms, reflective water, hi resolution textures and skins, hi poly models and stain maps.
Alien Arena: Reloaded Edition has been released with new features and lots of high quality content. Every aspect of the game has been improved upon and expanded, from the engine, to the game code, weaponry, and overall gameplay.
- Many new rendering features
- Twelve new/rebuilt levels
- Two new player characters, the Overlord and Warrior
- Brand new "super" weapon, the Minderaser
- Improved antilag code
- "Simple" items rendering option
- Improved and expanded movement
- Improved Bot AI, particulary with CTF
- New music, and music "shifts" in game situations
- Variety of bug fixes and code cleansing
- Full changelog here