Terminator allows users to have multiple terminals in one window and use key bindings to switch between them. It provides an efficient way of filling a large area of screen space with terminals.
Some new features and fixes have been included in Terminator since its last release, so I have packaged it into a PPA.
- Auto-resize columns/rows: Double clicking on a splitter evenly redistributes columns/rows in that grouping
- It is now possible to rename multiple windows of Terminator using a keyboard shortcut
- You can now add a keyboard shortcut for inserting terminal numbers
- Added possibility to rotate the paned containers. Super + R for rotating terminals clockwise and Super + Shift + R for rotating terminals counter-clockwise
- Fixed, titlebars not refreshing when using some keyboard shortcuts
- Fixed initial terminal sizing with non-default font sizes
- Many other fixes
You can download latest build in Ubuntu 12.04 and 12.10 by running the commands below. Do note that this is not an official stable release from developers.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:niteshgupta16/ubuntuvibes
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install terminator