Popular free and open source real time strategy game 0 A.D. has received yet another Alpha release. Codenamed 'Kronos', this release brings many new features.
Changes in this release:
- New Celtic Factions.
- New AI script: Aegis Bot.
- Wall segments of certain widths can be converted into gates.
- New sound system.
- Shared LOS among allies.
- To increase the game's realism, several post-processing effects and mapping enhancements have been implemented in 0 A.D.'s 3D graphics, using OpenGL Shading Language (GLSL).
- Some extra improvements have been made to the way terrains are displayed.
- Smooth Line of Sight (LOS).
- New art assets.
- Seven new maps.
- Game setup and score screen changes.
- Queued rally points.
- New, more realistic ranged attack.
- Team & private multiplayer chat.
- Full changelog here.
To install 0 A.D. in Ubuntu, run the following commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:wfg/0ad
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install 0ad
Installation instructions for other distributions can be found here.