Good news for fans of truck simulator games. Euro Truck Simulator 2 will have a native Linux version.
Euro Truck Simulator 2 is developed by SCS Software. The game is still in development and it will have following features:
- Drive 8 highly detailed truck models with design based on real European vehicles.
- Expansive virtual game world with over 60 cities connected by highways and local roads.
- Game world spanning an area of Europe from the UK to western Poland, and from Germany to northern Italy and France. Further expansions are planned.
- Vast distances to drive to explore the whole map - the farthest points in the world are three hours of real time apart when driving at full speed.
- Build your own logistics company from rags to riches - buy trucks and garages, hire drivers, manage your company for maximum profits.
- Customize your trucks - wide selection of parts to replace and add to vehicles - bars, horns, beacons, smoke exhausts.
Check out the video, this game sure has some awesome graphics:
Euro Truck Simulator 2 is powered by Prism3D, a multiplatform game engine written in C++. It supports both 32-bit and 64-bit target architectures on Windows, Mac and Linux out of the box.
Euro Truck Simulator 2 is on Steam Greenlight, so lets vote for it and get it included in Steam catalog.