BeatBox is an easy to use, stable, fast and good looking music library organizer written in vala. Its main features include Last.FM integration, (smart) playlists, podcasts, Internet radio, similar songs playlist, simple UI, instant search, queue system, mass song editing, advanced equalizer and more.
BeatBox 0.7 has been released following changes:
- Plugin support.
- DB upgrading, which means no longer having to delete your db for new versions.
- Better last.fm authentication.
- Smart auto scroll to current song.
- Fixed issue where list view became horizontally scrolled unnecessarily.
- Gapless playback.
- Much faster startup.
- Multi-library management. Podcasts now are a truly separate library with a separate folder associated it.
- Preferences window has been revamped.
To install BeatBox 0.7 in Ubuntu, run the following commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:sgringwe/beatbox
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install beatbox