Covertart browser plugin for Rhythmbox allows you to browse your favorite music albums in coverart mode.
This plugin is quite useful if you prefer a grid like album view to manage your library. Rhythmbox doesn't have a covertart mode by default.
A new version of the plugin has been released recently with following new features:
- Tracks & Covers pane - display tracks for the selected album and built-in coverart web-search
- Drag & Drop coverart update support
- Display Album & Artist name under the cover
- Support for assigning track-rating and playing/queuing your favourite rated tracks
- Multiple album selection
- Double click playing of albums
- Sort covers by album name and artist, both in ascending and descending order
- Set the coverart size displayed in the main view
- Multiple user-configurable options to tailor what you see and use.
- Examine and change properties for an Album
- Examine and change properties for a track
- Optionally start in coverart view when rhythmbox starts
To install coverart browser plugin from PPA, run the following commands (for Ubuntu 12.04 and 12.10):
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:fossfreedom/rhythmbox-plugins
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install rhythmbox-plugin-coverart-browser
This PPA also hosts many other useful plugins for Rhythmbox. You can install all of them at once by running:
sudo apt-get install rhythmbox-plugin-complete
Alternatively, you can install install each plugin separately. Check out the list of plugins form here. Do note that these plugins are tested with Rhythmbox 2.96 (Precise) and 2.97 (Quantal) only. They may not work with any other version.
Thanks to David for the tip