After months of testing and refining, Project Sputnik has finally matured and Dell has launched developer friendly XPS 13 Ubuntu Ultrabook in US and Canada.
Priced at $1449, XPS 13 has following specs:
- 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3517U (4M Cache, up to 3.0 GHz)
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
- 13.3" HD 720p
- 8GB2 DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz
- 256GB Solid State Drive
- Intel HD 4000
- 2.99 lbs in weight
XPS 13 Developer Edition laptop comes pre-loaded with:
- A basic set of developer tools and utilities.
- Cloud launcher (beta project): enables you to create "microclouds” on your laptop, simulating an at-scale environment, and then deploy that environment seamlessly to the cloud.
- Profile tool (beta project): provides access to a library of profiles, such as Ruby and Android, to quickly set up your development environments and tool chains.
For more information visit official Dell XPS 13 page.