Ubuntu 17.04 "Zesty Zapus" has been released and it will be supported for 9 months until January 2018.
If you need Long Term Support, it is recommended you use Ubuntu 16.04 LTS instead.
Main highlights of the release:
- 32-bit PowerPC support has been dropped.
- For new installs, a swap file will be used instead of a swap partition.
- Based on Linux kernel 4.10.
- Support for printers that allow printing without printer-specific drivers.
- LibreOffice has been updated to 5.3.
- Apps provided by GNOME have been updated to 3.24. Exceptions are the Nautilus file manager (3.20), Terminal (3.20), Evolution (3.22), and Software (3.22).
- Unity 8 is available as an alternative session.