Popular open source 3D real time strategy game MegaGlest 3.5.1 has been released that brings many fixes and updates to the game.
MegaGlest is heavily based on the widely known game - Glest. In this game you control armies of one of the seven different factions: Tech, Magic, Egyptians, Indians, Norsemen, Persian or Romans. The game is setup in one of 14 naturally looking settings. Additional game data can be downloaded from within the game at no cost.
- Much better pathfinder performance
- Allow servers to temporary block specified network players from the game lobby
- Better Linux distribution packaging support
- Game data cleanup: duplicate sound files in Megapack have been merged and non free (as in freedom) content (autumn and desert tilesets) was replaced free (as in freedom) content
- Display up to 15 items in the command queue (observers can view all players' queued commands)
- Standardized games and tools startup scripts with names starting with 'startup_'
- Updated translations for German, Italian and French
- Fixes for minor bugs reported against 3.5.0
- AI enhancements: better repair and safer build positions
- Improved network code, fixing some out of sync issues
- Display players' subversion revision# in network game lobby
Check out the video: