Few days back, we posted about a new cross platform game that Terraria lead graphics designer Tiyuri is working on.
The game has been revealed today and its called Starbound. As the name suggests, its a space adventure game and made by Indie game studio Chucklefish.
Starbound begins with you fleeing your homeworld in a space shuttle, just as it’s destroyed by an unknown enemy. With nothing to guide it, the escape pod shoots into space without direction, becoming hopelessly lost in a sea of stars. As luck would have it, the space shuttle makes contact with an abandoned space station and an adventure begins that will take you hurtling across the universe. Starbound contains both quests and story driven missions, buried inside its vast sandbox universe.
Some unique features of Starbound:
- Manage a Space Station. The space station in Starbound is your main base and you will have to find ways to upgrade and repair it. You’ll need to find a crew, conduct research, catch rare creatures, and unlock its multitude of facilities. From a factory capable of producing mechs to labs where captured enemies can be studied and trained, the space station contains everything you need to explore the universe.
- Planets in Starbound are entirely procedurally generated. Even the weather, the gravity, the difficulty level, the plant life, the behaviour and appearance of alien creatures, and much more all contain random or procedurally generated elements.
- Absolutely every object in the world, right down to the trees and flowers, can be examined for a description.
- Record your findings in an electronic logbook
- Share unique planet coordinates with other players
- Managing a Space Station is not enough. Capture and control an entire planet and then you decide even smallest things about it. For example control weather and change terrain.
- Populate your planet from interesting characters you meet in your travels and keep them happy.